Tuesday 3 September 2013

Aritzia Warehouse Sale

If you're in the Vancouver, Canada area, you've probably heard of the Aritzia Warehouse Sale (especially if a person who lives under a rock like me, did).  I believe it started on Tuesday, August 27th and lasted for a week.  I usually do not shop at Aritzia, as I find the price tags there to be way over my budget for clothes. On the Saturday, I decided to check out the place.  My sister wouldn't go with me because she hates line ups.  When I got there at 2 pm, I just waltzed right in.  I guess all the good stuff's gone now that it's the fifth day now.  I picked out two items, both white.
Dillema white Terry L Whisper hoodie in S: marked down from $65.00 to $29.99. I like that the front doesn't zip all the way up to my neck so that it becomes restricting.  I don't know what to think of the cinching at the bust area... it doesn't do much for me :p
TNA Patterned C white dress in XS: marked down from $110.00 to $29.99.  I tried on size S first, but it made me look like I was wearing a garbage bag.  I don't know who would pay that much for a cotton white dress... but the detailing at the skirt is quite pretty.  The straps are adjustable.  As for the little metal TNA piece at the bottom, I'm just waiting for it to fall off.  Mayhaps I should just cut it off?

Funny story while trying on the clothes.  As I've never been to this warehouse sale before (or any warehouse sale, for that matter), I did not fully prepare myself for the "open" change room.  It was quite open, if you know what I mean; no individual rooms.  When I tried taking off the white dress for the first time, it got stuck in the bust area.  I was like craaaap why here, everyone's looking at me TT_TT  Anyway, I had to try it on a few more times to ensure that was my size.  And that is all I got from there.

I also picked up a new lip treatment - Yes to Blueberries - line reducing lip treatment 2.0g for $4.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart.


It is formulated with paracress flower to help film and rehydrate lips, and claims to "reduce the look of fine lines around lips in 7 days".  Here is more info from the box:

  • 100% natural flavour
  • directions: apply morning & evening, on and around the lips
  • some ingredients stressed *certified organic ingredient*
It's been a day since I've used it and my lips dried out in the morning ):  I will continue to use it through the seven days to see if anything's changed.  It smells like purple gummy candies.
Aaaaand just to gross you all out, here's a before photo of my lips. Will update in seven days


No comments:

Post a Comment