Tuesday 22 October 2013

Review: Essie All In One 3-Way Glaze pt.1

I was browsing at Shoppers Drug Mart at UBC when I happened upon a deal the store had on Essie varnishes - $7.99 CAD.  The deal lasts from October 19 - 25th, if anyone's interested.  I believe Essie polishes range from $12-14 CAD in stores when no deals are on, so $7.99 is a pretty good deal. Otherwise, I wouldn't normally buy any nail varnish that is over $5.
Anyway, I picked up Essie's All In One 3-Way Glaze, which can be used as a base coat, top coat, or on its on.  The packaging states that this base coat and top coat helps strengthen and leaves nails with a high-gloss finish. My nails generally have no problem with breakage, so I wouldn't be able to say how it works with strengthening nails.  However, nail varnishes rarely last more than four days without chipping.  Actually, after the four days, the whole layer of varnish would peel off.  Does anyone else experience that?  Once I peeled one off and showed a friend.  She freaked out cuz she thought my entire nail came off ^^;; I'm wondering whether that's the base coat problem, or a problem of my nails not liking varnishes...


The directions says to apply one coat of the varnish, two coats of an Essie colour, and top off with another coat of the glaze.  I applied it as a base coat, and two coats of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Blue It instead. Finally topped it off with the glaze.  It has been 24+ hours, and so far, the results are pretty good. It is definitely waay more shiny than the other top coat I was using - Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat.  The Revlon one was driving me nuts; took a really long time to dry, and the finish was as dull as my high school Chinese school teacher.
woohoo! behold - my banged up nails

I've been loving this colour this fall ^^

I will revisit this post after at least three days - usually that's when my nails start chipping - to finish this review. Later~!

P.S. I was on dinner duty today, so I made lasagna for the first time :D  As I layered the pasta raw and depended on the sauce and water to cook it through, the top layer was al dente :/ Next time I think I will just boil the pasta first.  It tasted pretty good though (said family :p)  


No comments:

Post a Comment